Territory Leader - Pennsylvania
The Territory Leader is charged with
managing all aspects of salon operations in their assigned territory. They are
directly responsible for achieving company goals ensuring exceptional customer service
to driving increased client loyalty and sales growth. This role is also accountable
for controlling direct operational costs
meeting or exceeding budgeted P&L goals for the assigned territory. The
Territory Leader makes strategic, operational, and financial decisions in
partnership with regional, field, and corporate operations leadership.
Leader is responsible for a geographic area of 15-22 salons. This is a hands-on
role, focusing on the growth and development of the team. The Territory Leader reports
directly to the Regional Director and collaborates with Operations, Human Resources,
and other departments to increase salon level sales and performance.
Ensuring a high level of employee satisfaction through strong
leadership with the objective of attracting and retaining top talent.
Promoting ASG as a brand ambassador in the marketplace.
Making certain that performance and leadership standards are met
by each member of their team and in each salon to ensuring the highest level of
client satisfaction, sales performance, and expense management.
Traveling to salons in the assigned territory as business
Observing and providing constructive feedback to Salon Leaders and
the team on business, service, and operational standards.
Coordinating both in-person and virtual 1:1 meetings with Salon
Leaders and Group Leaders; Leveraging technology to facilitate regular virtual
salon visits and team video conference meetings.
Models all core business processes (i.e timecards, bank
reconciliation and cash handling).
Actively recruits qualified candidates (in partnership with the
salon leader) to ensure adequate salon coverage.
Taking ownership of the P&L of each salon in the territory and
developing and executing strategies to achieve sales, performance, and expense
Developing and planning with the objective of achieving business,
service, and team development goals. Actively communicating and coaching the
team through meeting objectives.
- Recommending, participating, and coordinating the execution
- of all approved local marketing initiatives including depth and
- frequency of coupon campaigns, grand opening promotions, seasonal
- initiatives, grass roots efforts, and guest appreciation events.
Leading the execution and follow-up of Salon Leaders and Group
Leaders to ensure that the visual presentation of the brand is executed to
Supporting Salon Leaders and Group Leaders with client and
employee concerns and issues, as needed.
Supporting Salon Leaders and Group Leaders with corrective actions
and/or investigations in partnership with Human Resources.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- possess initiative and uses data and input to execute sound business
- to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, and multi-team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications
- Ability to read and analyze
- sales, cost, and budget reports. Strong team player, highly motivated, and
- able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the
- organization, internally and externally.
- Capacity to lead change and
- respond positively, in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and
- ability to multi-task.
- Prioritizes projects and tasks to meet deadlines while producing
- high quality results.
- Valid and current driver’s
- license and be insurable for motor vehicle use.
- Up to 80% travel may be required.
- 5+ years of retail or service
- multi-unit management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or strong
- applicable work experience strongly preferred.
We offer a professional work
environment with growth and advancement opportunities. Additionally, we boast competitive
compensation and an industry-leading benefits package including a comprehensive
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life Insurance, 401(k) savings plan, and
other ancillary offerings. Additional lifestyle benefits include Telecommuting,
Holiday pay, and Paid Time Off.
This is a full time, exempt, and
salaried position in a team-oriented retail environment.
Job Reference #: 24578_20230117