Supercuts Artistic Director
Regis Corporation, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has been an industry leader in beauty salons for almost 100 years. The Company franchises, owns or holds ownership interests in more than 5,200 worldwide locations. Regis' franchised and corporate locations operate under concepts such as Supercuts, SmartStyle, Cost Cutters, First Choice Haircutters and Roosters. Regis offers a wide range of haircare services including haircuts, styling and coloring, as well as a wide selection of nationally recognized professional haircare products.
Regis is looking for a Supercuts Artistic Director to help support the Northeastern Market. You must live in or near Rocky Hill, Connecticut or surrounding area, or be willing to relocate. The Supercuts Artistic Director is responsible for partnering with the market to identify and support technical training needs. This will include but not limited to communicating, organizing, delivering and tracking a Train the Trainer program along with training, developing and communicating with CTT’s in a designated region. In addition to developing Technical Trainers and CTT’s, the Artistic Director will support the technical education needs by delivering HSA classes, In-Salon Education (ISE) days and building beauty school partnerships.
Technical Trainers: any number of salons (ideally, Technical Trainer will support 1-9 salons)
CTTs: 10+ salons
- Responsible for the Technical development of designated region, may include travel up to 50% & may include support for other regions as needed
- Conduct training and ongoing development for Technical Trainers on delivering Hairstylist Academy and other technical training.
- Conduct HSA training, as needed
- Develop and support Trainers with Beauty School visit best practices and/or other recruitment training
- Update, create, & implement new classes, as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with Franchisees within their region to plan out training needs for Technical Trainers and CTTs
- Conduct In-Salon Education days to support the region's training needs
- Partner with fellow Artistic Directors and Franchisees to identify the need for new classes
- Communicate effectively with Education Department, Education Directors, Franchisees, Salon Managers, Education Specialists, and all Salon Support employees professionally
- Shoot videos and offer live feed classes when needed
- Management of studio including inventory, ordering, budget management, cleanliness and maintenance, ensuring a safe working environment and reporting any issues or concerns
- Manage model base as needed for any in studio training for HSA, Technical Trainers and CTTs
- Understanding and usage of Technology needed for any digital training of classes, such as IDL/Zoom
- Complete required documentation on time including expense reports and respond to e-mails within 24 hours.
- Ability to flex for unique situations, as well as maximizing the learning and growth of stylists, CTTs and Technical Trainers
- Present and maintain a professional image
- Lead by example, open to feedback and implementation of goals
- Minimum of 2 years experience with the Supercuts Brand
- Position requires a valid and current Cosmetology license and driver’s license
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, Office 365, & Zoom
- Have access to a professional working area, when working remotely from home
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Works & communicates well with others in a wide range of scenarios or situations
- Self-managing & Team player; Lives the Company Values
- Ability to handle conflict/complaints; comes from solution always and resolves with positive outcome
- Positive, professional energy and actions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to drive a rental car and posses a valid driver’s license
- Must have a reliable car with insurance that covers personal car and car rentals
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete daily administrative duties
- Able to move, pack, unpack and stock as needed
- Ability to travel an average of 50% by car and/or airplane
- If you are currently employed by a Regis Brand Franchisee, you must also provide a letter of recommendation at the application stage, along with your resume.
- Conduct training classes for 4 to 5 consecutive days, up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to various chemicals and fragrances
- Continuous standing/walking throughout the day to teach, coach, and develop
- Ability to travel on airplane in coach seating.
- Lift, roll, pull, and/or carry luggage up to 50 pounds
Regis is proud to offer the following benefits for our employees:
- Generous paid parental leave
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits with no waiting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employer match
- Paid sick time & Paid holidays
Interested in learning more? Meet our Executive Team & Board of Directors
Regis Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected status.