Licensed cosmetologists and barbers, please apply here!
Text "SUPERCUTS523" to 44000 to apply today!
HAIRCUTS - COLOR -TREATMENTS - EDUCATION - CAREER ADVANCEMENT
- Over 40 hours PAID TRAINING in the first 3 months - with advanced cutting & color classes at our Hairstylist Academy.
- Ongoing EDUCATION throughout your career at Supercuts.
- Competitive HOURLY WAGE plus TIPS, COMMISSION & BONUS opportunities.
- FLEXIBILITY - Full-time & Part-time positions available.
- CAREER ADVANCEMENT! We promote our management teams from within our growing company. We have established training programs to help you become a LEADER.
We are looking for a Hair Stylist to create flawless haircuts and hairstyles for our customers. Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting hair and are up-to-date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure cleanliness of beauty stations and salon and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid New York cosmetology license
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rates plus commission, bonuses and tips
- Paid leave for both full- and part-time stylists
- Flexible schedule
- Employee discounts
- Paid professional development
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Schedule: Weekday and weekend availability
At Supercuts we thrive on being the leader in education and opportunity! Apply today and join a team that truly understands all things hair and encourages growth and development.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 23423_20230511