Stylist in Training / Apprentice Stylist
Stylist in Training Job Description
The Stylist in Training position is a temporary role that will give an individual the opportunity to explore how the salon operates including but not limited to the Brand Standards. The SIT will play an important role in ensuring all guests are satisfied. By the end of the job The Stylist in Training should have a thorough knowledge of our location, menu/pricing, products, and hours of operation and can communicate this information to guests in person and over the phone. If the SIT obtains their license and can demonstrate proficiency in the duties of the role, the SIT will be invited to interview for a permanent stylist position.
Essential Functions -
- Prepare for promotion to Stylist.
- Answer the phone with a friendly greeting.
- Deliver information clearly and cordially.
- Greet guests cheerfully and explain the menu services.
- Estimate wait times and encourage guests to wait or return as appropriate.
- Work the leased line to promote salon and services
- Achieve established retail goals by interacting with customers shopping for retail only.
- Recommend additional services and products to guests.
- Operate the POS, accept payment, give change, and provide receipts.
- Listen attentively to guest complaints and refer them to the manager.
- Keep the reception area, front desk, windows, product shelves, and floor clean and organized when not interacting with guests.
- Assist with Salon duties.
- Label and stock retail products.
- Work independently.
- Shadow current Stylists to learn how to effectively perform services
- Watch training videos
- Perform supervised services on Models where allowable
- Attend salon meetings
- Must obtain a valid cosmetology license within 90 days of hire in your state.
- Strong guest service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems
- Professional appearance and presence.
- Ability to travel to work and arrive on time for your scheduled hours.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
Physical Requirements -
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential duties of this role.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team, peers, supervisors and support partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests regarding services offered and requested, as well as the ability to understand guest needs and desires of such services.
- Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent waving solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest’s perfume.
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms to perform various services.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products, change collateral and maintain station.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs. including pushing/pulling of styling chair.
- Ability to reach shoulder level and above to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after each service.
- Ability to travel when needed for training and possibly between salon locations.
Pay Rate Varies by Location