Salon Leader Job Description
The Salon Leader’s primary role is to ensure the salon’s profitability, ensure guest satisfaction and
generate an enthusiastic and professional environment where employees are continuously inspired,
through effective leadership, to do their best and be successful. The Salon Leader must be a constant
role model for all employees, garner respect and creativity and understand, demonstrate, and teach the
Essential Functions -
- Create a culture in your salon that is consistent with our values.
- Build relationships to develop a high performing team that works together to achieve results.
- Achieve sales, profit and expense goals provided by your DL/SDL.
- Provide quality services that include an exceptional client consultation (Brand Standards), a price quote and retail recommendations.
- Perform an exciting and welcoming new hire orientation utilizing the established guidelines.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity standards as established by the company.
- Establish a minimum service and sales expectation with each stylist and follow-up on progress per your DL/SDL requirements
- Evaluate employee performance including services provided by all salon employees.
- Regularly provide feedback and training to employees.
- Prevent/handle guest complaints and perform technical adjustments as needed.
- Document technical adjustments and follow-up with the stylist.
- Monitor wait times, walk outs, and voids.
- Work the lease line during down time to promote salon and create new clients.
- Schedule for needs of the business utilizing scheduling tools and DL/SDL guidance.
- Recruit, interview and hire staff. Work with Human Resources to schedule and collect any required documents.
- Document important conversations, incidents, and performance expectations.
- Effectively communicate with team, peers, supervisors and support partners
- Attend work timely and consistently, follow company policy regarding all time off requests.
- Approve stylist time off.
- Conduct salon meetings minimally 1x per month.
- Complete inventory, cycle counts and place orders to control salon operating costs.
- Correctly charge for all services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting according to Company policy.
- Perform and audit accuracy of daily opening, closing, guest service tickets and discounting.
- Responsible for ensuring bank deposits are made daily.
- Perform salon duties including but not limited to reading reports, payment processing, answering the phone, taking appointments, stocking shelves, merchandising, dispensary/salon maintenance and cleaning.
- Ensure the assets of your salon are protected and policies are adhered to.
- Ensure your salon is open for all posted hours and help schedule for coverage of employees shifts where necessary.
- Build and maintain necessary relationships with the building management (i.g. Walmart, Facilities Management, etc.) ensuring we are following all tenant standards including but not limited to floors, lighting, gates/locks, operating hours, and trash.
- Current Cosmetology License in your state.
- Strong Customer Service (Brand Standards) and Technical Skills.
- Ability to coach, lead, and inspire others effectively.
- Business management skills (goal setting, scheduling, cash management, reporting, etc.).
- Leads by example.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Professional appearance and presence.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms.
- Ability to travel to work and arrive on time for your scheduled shifts.
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements -
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this role.
- Visual observation of guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent waving solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest’s perfume.
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms to perform various services.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products, change collateral and maintain station.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs. including pushing/pulling of styling chair.
- Ability to reach shoulder level and above to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after each service.
- Ability to travel when needed for training and possibly between salon locations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 30650_20230519