Receptionist - Panopoulos
The Panopoulos Receptionist is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and communicating effectively with management, customers and co-workers. Specifically, the Receptionist is expected to:
- Market and grow the business
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Control expenses
- Complete required tasks
As a receptionist, you will be held accountable for these key areas. Successful performance will be measured by meeting or exceeding established requirements.
Market and grow the business
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity requirements as established by the company
- Promote and sell services and products, including recommending and selling additional services and/or retail products which will enhance and improve the customer’s image and/or contribute to the customer’s satisfaction with services performance
- Clearly convey a complete understanding of pricing for available services;
- Coordinate Promotional Sales displays as directed by the company using ShopTalk
- Responsible for sales to all walk-in retail customers.
Provide exceptional customer service as the receptionist
- Understand the needs of the customer, greet each customer professionally by name, escort all clients through the salon, give salon tour when necessary
- Estimate wait times for scheduled and unscheduled appointments
- Answer the telephone promptly and professionally
- Handle general complaints and refer customer service issues to the manager
Manage and control expenses
- Follow weekly salon schedules as directed by Salon Manager
- Correctly charge for services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting according to Company policy
- Safeguard company assets by adhering to company policies and procedures
Complete required administrative tasks/compliance
- Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting salon operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, sweeping hair and other duties as assigned by manager
- Communicate effectively with management, customers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety
- Attend work timely and consistently, including attending mandatory staff meetings, training sessions or as otherwise required by management
- Adhere to all corporate policies, procedures and work rules
- Handle all POS transactions including opening and closing the register.
- Ability to work in a dynamic salon environment as the receptionist
- Good time management skills, good judgment, and the ability to multi-task.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems and data entry.
- Ability to work a flexible receptionist schedule including nights and weekends
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves. Occasional lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist unloading monthly shipment of products.
- Continuous standing throughout the day
- Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to stock shelves.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products and maintain salon
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents.
- Occasional travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.