Hairstylist in Training / Apprentice Stylist
First Choice Haircutters Apprentice Stylist
Applicant must be registered as an Apprentice with Skilled Trades Ontario and have on-the-floor experience to be considered for this position. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The Apprenticeship Program at First Choice Haircutters will provide you the required hours of practical training experience covering mandated subjects in order for you to obtain your license while working under the supervision of a journeyperson/licensed stylist. As a hired apprentice, you will be accountable for practicing and acquiring all the performance objectives. You will provide guests with excellent service providing the full range of hair care services offered by their salon, such as cutting, styling, coloring, washing and perming hair and providing wax treatments. First Choice Haircutters endeavors to provide every guest with a great experience every time they visit by providing quality consultations, exceptional service and the knowledge to duplicate the desired look at home.
- Must obtain a Certificate of Qualification or a be registered as an apprentice
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to provide exceptional guest service, understanding the guest’s needs, providing quality consultations and performing services requested in a competent, efficient and professional manner
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as completing transactions on the computerized register, performing close-out procedures and light housekeeping duties
- Standing for sustained periods of time
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms.
- Continuous grasping and reaching, often above shoulder level
- Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services
- Ability to observe guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to communicate with guest regarding services offered and requested and the guest’s needs and wants
"You are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independent franchisee of Regis Corporation or one of its subsidiaries (collectively "Regis"). If hired, you will be a direct employee of the franchisee, not of Regis. Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs which can vary from Regis or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the salon including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. Regis will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions. "
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 11743_20220920