Would you like to be one of our future stylists? If you’ve got the desire, we can get you there! Save thousands of dollars. Your job is your education! Our program follows all requirements of the State of Wisconsin, but this also limits us to the number of apprentices we can have in each salon.
Once accepted as a potential apprentice, we would like you to start in the salon now as a part-time receptionist and learn about our salon operations and products, and begin the application process to become a cosmetology apprentice!
- You must be minimum of 17 years old.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- The apprenticeship is a 2.5 to 4-year program, consisting of 4,000 hours. Hours required by the state of WI. 3,712 hours of on the job training and 288 hours of theory.
- You must work a minimum of 32 hours per week. This includes practical hours, plus theory hours at the Tech College of your choice, Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton or Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend.
- You must have reliable transportation.
- You will need to complete a two week unpaid bootcamp to be eligible to apply for your Cosmetology Apprentice license through the state of Wisconsin.
- All other work time is paid; including any additional training time!
As a Cosmetology Apprentice, you will perform skills in the salon that you have you have been approved to perform by your apprentice instructor.
We are limited by the State of Wisconsin to the number of apprentices we can have in each salon so their could be a waiting list for this position. CESA apprentice applicants will be considered.
Job duties include the following:
- Shampooing, cutting, and providing chemical services to customers
- Greeting customers using Cost Cutters Customer
- Service techniques with each customer
- Consulting clients on style options for their hair
- Describing different hair care products and their benefits
- Acting as a salesperson to sell clients hair care retail products.
- Providing exceptional customer relations
- Keeping updated on hairstyle trends and styling methods
- Ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time
- Understand and follow standards as documented in the Employee Handbook
- Following through on recommended products